Saturday 8 June 2013

Jeans Bracelets









I made some bracelets with leftover jeans fabric and anything I could find basically. Still hanging on to my bright colors for the summer I started to roll up a piece of jeans an wrapping some colors around it.

I made some step by step pictures with one of them, here is what you need:



Some colored threads any type will do, wool, embroidery thread, cotton. 
Metal wire if you like.
Little beads to decorate with and a bigger one to close it. But buttons are really nice too.
Plastic thread for the smaller beads.
Needle, metal ring and pliers.


Start by rolling the jeans up and secure it by wrapping it with one of your threads. Depending on the jeans it will still be flexible. I used the metal wire and some blue to wrap around. Sew the beads with the plastic thread. I used a bigger bead as a closer, made a little loop to go over it. The bead is connected so the loop will stay over it, my mum used to call it  "button on a stick" that means there is still some room underneath the bead. If that makes any sense to you…


And then made a little tassel to jazz it up a bit like so:



The tighter you pull it in the middle the better, depending on the type of thread you use you can pull to hard and weaken it, or break it. Not that this happened  to me, like 4 times. If you use embroidery thread you can brush it with a comb to make it more fluffy! Use a small ring to connect the tassel, mine is on the loop.





And then you end up with something like this.

As usual I like it to look chunky and not to machine made






There you have it, Recycle is the word!!


Wishing you all a " Gappy " weekend Chicas! ( that´s spanglish for Happy )

Besitos,




PS.  my photo editing skills are finally improving as well!
and I am making notes too ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Your bracelets are fantastic. I love them and can not wait to try my own. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, how creative! And I am a big fan of your tassels, too! =)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chica! Give some pink, Cake, Tassels and stamps and I´m gappy ( happy) :-)

      Delete